Family Law - Divorce, Custody, Mediation, Etc.
Nothing is as important as your family, which is why this area of the law can be very emotional for the people involved. Although some conflicts can be difficult to resolve, Bill and Eric will layout your various options and suggest the best solutions for your unique situation. We will make every attempt to handle these delicate situations through negotiation and agreement, but when a reasonable agreement cannot be reached we will use all necessary legal action. Eric is also a qualified neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice for family mediation.
- Adoption/Third-Party Custody
- Alimony/Spousal Maintenance
- Child Custody and Child Support
- Children in Need of Protection or Services (CHIPS)
- Custody and Support Modifications
- Divorce and Division of Marital Property
- Domestic Abuse
- Family Mediation
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
Municipal Law - Shaping Community Policy
We work with area communities to assist in establishing effective legal codes and regulations to meet current and anticipated obstacles that occur while managing community growth and development. Our legal advice and foresight is used to represent cities and townships throughout Central Minnesota, where we can serve as general counsel or as consultants on specialized city projects.
- Creation of Joint Powers Entities
- Criminal Prosecution
- Defending or Contesting Assessment
- Drafting and Revising City Ordinances
- Drafting Mutual Aid Agreements
- Land Use Issues
- Permitted Use and Variance
- Planning and Zoning Decisions
Real Estate Law - Residential & Commercial
The legal professionals at Spooner & Glenz represent clients in a variety of proceedings and transactions dealing with real property. Whether you're buying, selling, renting, or building, our firm will assist you with your legal needs.
- Landlord/Tenant Issues
- Mortgages & Foreclosures
- Purchase, Sale, Lease, Contract for Deeds
- Quiet Title Actions
- Title Examinations
Estate Planning - Wills, Trusts, & Probate
- Drafting of Wills and Trusts
- Drafting Durable and General Powers of Attorney
- Preparing Health Care Directives
- Probating of Decedent's Estates
Our firm is experienced with both prosecution and defense of a variety of criminal matters.
At Spooner & Glenz, we feel that people should be compensated fairly when they are injured by no fault of their own. As a result, we will handle your claim from beginning to end so that you can concentrate on recovery and your everyday life.
General Civil Litigation
Whether you have a contract dispute, collections issues, or even a construction dispute, Spooner & Glenz is here to help.
Starting a new business is an exciting time for everyone involved. If you need help forming your next corporation, partnership, LLC, or LLP, give us a call!